Amorphophallus Network

www.baumfarn.at

Baumfarne - Naturschutz - Samen - Aronstäbe

Post subject: X-post hort.net: Chinese spores available
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi fern growers,

Last March Robert Newman asked if I'd like to distribute spores that he collected in China. This is the sixth time he's collected Asian spores and made them available to interested growers. I took the job, but for personal reasons, had to postpone the distibution until now. The spores have been refrigerated since May so most should still be viable.

I maintain a web site, http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v353/ ... ian_ferns/ , showing all the spore material Robert has sent and the resulting plants. I have no pictures or descriptions of the source plants.

The ones available this time, numbers 43 thru 57, were collected near Guilin China. Also available (from my plants) are numbers 6, 7, 7volun, 9, 10, 11, 15, 19, 23, 31, and 35. If you want packets of any or all of these spores, please contact me off-line at brcazagrps@comcast.net. By the way, Robert would like to offset his $40 cost of processing and shipping with small donations of no more than $4 dollars per recipient -- not a bad deal for getting up to 26 different ferns!

Brian